Monday, April 7, 2008

I love these lil critters



What? You didn't know that I've got a thing for creatures that can flick their tongues out in lightning speed and yet look adorable while doing it too? Well now you know. I love lizards and geckos. I really do. And simply cannot fathom the fear and *eeeeeee* factor that these lovely babies seem to inspire in most girls and sometimes, guys too. You'd think they were being faced by my eternal nemesis, The Cockroach. Geez .

And Hey, these lovable ones don't fking judge you for stuffing your face with chocolate cookies all day and watching Hell's Kitchen and NOW Hustle instead of bloody posting.

So this baby was lurking in one of the many boxes I have in my room which is now, for obvious reasons have been converted into a store room (literally). Don't ask me how he got there but through some fateful intervention (not that I believe in that crap), our paths crossed and despite the terror in his eyes upon encountering my none too benign countenance, I trust that he will soon learn to like me as you have and even perhaps enjoy the captivity that was once so lacking in his life. Oy, at least he doesn't have to scavenge for food nemore okay?

And in other uneventful news, I made a batch of nasi lemak chilli which although was kick-ass, tongue-numbingly hot, still lacked that certain something which of course means MORE tweaking. I swear, Gordon is getting to me and raising the standards of my fking palate which is already astronomically fussy and that, my friend, is NOT a good thing.

Okie, being an absolute stickler for honesty as you should very well know by now, I will admit that all I did was fry the chilli and season to taste (meaning adding heaps of sugar and a coupla spoonfuls of tamarind juice, assam to most of you, to acheive that perfect state of sweetness, stickiness and slight tinge of sourness), t'was not as effortless as only I, can make it sound. I sneezed a billion times, cried copious tears throughout and elicited many, many wtfs! from neighbours who cannot grasp the idea of cooking food that tickles your nose and makes you tear (yes, frying dried ground chilli does that and if you don't believe me, have a go at it) at ridiculous o'clock where regular folks, like you, are probably sleeping. But because you know the sort of sane hours I keep, you, unlike them will understand instead of judging.






Oh, this lovely, fragrant and oh so lemak (coconutty) rice was of course cooked by the Mom, who rocks so hard at manipulating complex dishes and coaxing perfection out of them. That is not the only reason why I love her to bits, there's also the little fact that she's ever so fking long-suffering and patient where my short/hot/violent tempered daddy do-Little is concerned. More on that some other time.


So you already know what my favourite biscuits are. But what about my cereal? I know your insatiable curiousity about the smallest minutae of my life must be getting the better of you since I've been holding out on this rather earth-shattering tidbit for so long, so without further ado, this, my darlings, is the cereal of Princesses.




I cannot abide over-sweet cereal that is coated with sugar and that evil thing, you know, HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup, duh) which is pretty ironic if you think about how addicted I am to my Arnotts shite since they're only drenched in HFCS.

Actually that is my number 2 favourite because in my heart of hearts, I really just long for some of this.



But since I'm in no state to, well okie, not me but my pocket, to spoon these delectable grains of yumminess into my yearning mouth, I've got to make do with Post which really, by all acounts isn't too shabby.

Lest y'all think that I'm only good for ingesting mind-altering, body-wrecking pills, I will have you know that you couldn't be farther from the truth. Being a pill-popper through and through, let this graphic, henceforth dispel every doubt that I only do bad stuff.



Oh, and for those of you who keep bugging me about wtf Rohpynol and zolpidem (aka Stillnox/Ambien) are, here are some pictorial elucidation. Now, can we move along from this rather tiresome and non-productive queries?




And to further discourage you from ever even thinking of going near these evil crap that has no business lurking about in our peaceful, lack of terrorists-running-amok-in-our-midst and non-existent inflation-plagued lives, here are some truly horrifying graphics that will burn your retinas and impress upon you forever the assinine assness of consuming said drugs. Because this is how you will look tumbling out of bed, stumbling into the bathroom whilst weilding your camphone. May these pictures be permanently seared onto your memory and come back to haunt you should you ever be tempted by ingesting rotten, nervous system damaging shite.


And for good measure, here's a truly gobsmacking pic of a bruised vein that happened whilst typing out this post. How the fk it came about, I have NO bloody clue.



*Please do not question the weird-ass font that is a all over the place, I too am as befuddled as you are but don't have the patience right now to go bloody *edit html* because every other way just seemes to fail so screw you and your ever-changing font size and span and height, blogger.

No comments:

I dare you to steal my stuff!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape