Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In which Steven Gerrard kicks arse

In all honesty, I hadn't made an appointment with Stevie nor the match but apparently serendipity and the stars were all so perfectly aligned last night (it is still night to me even if it's bloody 4 a.m as long as I haven't slept yet) that lo and behold, when I turned to the FC, there were the my beloved Scousers playing against Arsenal! Despite having to put up with Monsieur Wenker's ferocious frowns, my eyes were glued to the screen and Oh man, my boys played such wondrous, magical football.

Needless to say, I had the sweetest of slumber this morning, well, as sweet as it could get with it being fragmented and fitful.

Stevie's penalty goal was entered with such finesse and awesome accuracy that it left me and the Gunner's goalkeeper, undoubtedly breathless.

Did you see the look on Wenker's face? There couldn't have been a lovelier sight!

Whilst I savoured the glorious victory that Liverpool and I deserved, it was only ever so slighly marred by the lacklustre and lethargic performance by the Gunners, even with Adebayor's equalizer; they just seemed to suffer from match fatigue and many a times their passing seemed sloppy and half-hearted. I'm sad to see them out of the Champion's League as I'll always have a certain fondness for the team but of course the euphoria of knowing that the Scousers will be in the semis against Chelsea just makes everything in my world alright again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Pool fan, hope the final's Man united against Liverpool. What a game! and wow u stayed all the way up 4am to watch the match? Kudos!

regard
Brad, ladyironchef.com

fennielyn said...

heh, you should already know the kind of hours I keep. ;)

I dare you to steal my stuff!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape